Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,624 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | Hello!
I am the proud 3rd generation owner of "Wylburr Clyde", the '37 1/2 ton my grandad bought new in Rock Springs, Wyoming.
A few weeks back a couple of close friends and I took a week-long trip from SE Wisconsin to Wyoming and brought Clyde back to Kenosha.
Current Plan: Replace the 50's era tank and seat with the original, go through the brake system, see if I can get it to start. #FingersCrossed
Been on the VCCA forum for a while and decided to hang with you good folks as well. Love the content on both sites and the information is incredibly valuable. Thanks for the great site!
I will provide a link to pictures as soon as I figure out why HTML and UBBCode are disabled on my profile. Any ideas?
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,182 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,182 | Until you've posted four times you are in moderation and cannot use UBBCode or HTML. However, since your posts have to be approved, you can post the code or HTML and I will fix it before I approve it.
Once you've had four posts approved, you'll be able to use them directly.
It's an anti-spam measure. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,182 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,182 | Man what a great truck! First time I've seen those spurs though. Where do they go?  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Justin. Great looking truck, I've always liked the 37s. Very rare to have one in the family as long as that. Hopefully you can pass it along in the family someday, as these trucks outlast us if taken care of. Be sure to ask here if you run stuck, lots of knowledge around here. Good luck with it.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | Thanks Leo.
My oldest daughter has already called dibs on the truck as part of her inheritance. It is my wishes to keep it in the family.
~Justin | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Ahhhhh, another '37. Way to go. They're in a class all their own  Welcome to the bolt. You'll find what you need right here..... and for what its worth, my youngest daughter gets my 37. She remembers helping me scrap dirt and grease off of it several years ago.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 06/17/2014 4:23 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 | Man what a great truck! First time I've seen those spurs though. Where do they go?  Those are to make Clyde giddyup and go!  Nice truck Justin! Welcome to the Bolt! | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | What a great truck, and so cool to keep it in the family all these years ! Always amazes me how some of these trucks can survive in such good shape ( looking at your grille pics ) Great job | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.
I have enjoyed reading about all of your trucks in the gallery. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,088 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,088 | Okay, we've got Wylbrr Clyde in the Gallery -- and the cover page! 
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 | Justin, what a fine truck to restore. I really like it. It may take a while but you and your daughter will get there. Like someone above said, this is the place to find out what you don't know or what you want to do. These people have really helped me in the past and as a matter of fact they are STILL helping me. Hope you can get started soon and please keep us posted. We love the pictures of one being restord. Good luck, Steven | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 378 | Hello Justin, Welcome. I tried to post this before but I must have done something wrong. I really like your truck. It will be a great truck to restore. I wish you all kinds of luck. Someone above has said it already but this is a great place to find out "stuff" about your truck and how to do things. They have helped me so much and are STILL helping me. They never say they don't have time. I'm no dummy but sometimes I just need help. You'll always get it here. Good luck, Steven | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 237 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 237 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | What a great truck!
I think I have the mate to that spur on the right. Mine is all shiny and clean though. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | Took the wrong era seat and tank out and test fit the original tank and seat. So glad my Grandad and dad kept those after all these years. Good news: I fit behind the steering wheel now! New (old) interior | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 106 | As mentioned earlier, after 46 years we started the truck on 8/8. We were able to take it for a drive or two but had to iron out a couple of bugs. Replaced the dizzy, intake manifold gasket and drained and cleaned the tank. She is ready to roll when the rain stops. We held a little party for starting the truck with family and friends. My dad was able to watch the event via Skype. We had three GoPro cameras around. If you are interested, you can see the videos here | | |
| |