The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (PAUL Berardi, 55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 53 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,327
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11
Hello from Georgia. This is a two owner GA. truck. I just couldn't pass up and bought it today. Some rot in the normal places. My plan is to get it running, steering, and stopping reliably. Looks like it has had one old single stage repaint. I'll decide on the cosmetic stuff later. Leave it or restore it. I would really appreciate any links to:

6 cyl. 3 on the tree.

rebuilding the brakes
rebuilding shifter linkage
rebuilding pitman arm, tie rods, etc..
what to do about the bed...I've thought about the new
man made stuff like they use for patio decks vs. a bed kit...?
Any other mechanical things you think I should look at or electrical. I want it reliable.

Thanks!

[img]http://imgur.com/S2vJBhX[/img]

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 05/29/2014 6:19 PM.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
Nice looking truck.

'64 Grey Ghost

Welcome to the "Bolt"

John

Last edited by J Lucas; 06/02/2014 2:23 AM.

~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome. Be sure to browse around the site. Check out the 60-66 section. lots to see and learn.
Leo

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
Welcome wave

I used pressure treated plywood for the bed floor in my truck. Check out post #34 here: Bed Floor Data


In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome Grey Ghost. Your just down the road from me here in S.C. so keep watch on the Southern Bolter forum for gatherings. You'll like it here.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Cool truck, Grey Ghost! I think it has a very Stonewall-ish look to it now & would leave it as is.

Have fun searching the site- it's very informative & quite entertaining, as well.

Good luck!



Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 237
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 237
Welcome...


Jesus is Lord!
Only through the blood of Jesus are you washed clean of your sins.
Come see us... Dad's Chevy
Our Video
God bless you! Michael..

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0