The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gdads51, Hanks custodian, rfs56trk, tclederman), 94 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1026006 05/04/2014 12:53 AM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
where can i get the spring that goes on bottom of vent window to put tension on vent so it doesn`t flop in the wind. if anybody knows the size?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the swap section, very specific spring, used is all there is, also some other critical parts involved, see some pics here

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
1955 1/2 resto, I feel sure I seen them somewhere on a vendor's page but I'm getting old and forgetful.....however, put an ad in the swap meet Parts Wanted Forum. Someone may have a parts truck. If no one has one in a couple days send me a PM and I'll let you have the one I've been saving as a spare!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
What are the dimensions of those springs? Do you
suppose die springs would work as a replacement?
DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
New member...over at the lake... was trying to see if you could direct me as to where I could get a tool to put the rubber seal strip in the window seal.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0