Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 | Pictures of the '49 just bought a 1949 6400 flat bed dump with 11,800 miles….I am the third owner: 1. fire dept up to 7500 miles 2. second owner had it for 23 years and put 4300 miles on it 3. I am the third.
Last edited by Peggy M; 02/10/2014 11:07 PM. Reason: pix link
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Stovebolt, Pierrem. Best site on the web for old Chevy's and GMC's. Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like the deal a lot of us dream about.... and it has a dump bed. Man, I could use that one. Remember, there is a forum here just for the Big Bolts. I'm sure you'll be visiting there. We're all here to help. Post questions in the best forum for your needs and you'll get plenty of responses. Good luck and after about your first 4 post be sure to link us to a picture. Until your 4th post you are "moderated" and afterwards you are a full fledged stovebolter and can send PM"s and post picture links. Good luck. See ya around the shop....AND being in Pa. your close to the "headquarters". Watch'em, they'll find you  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 | http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k356/pierrem53/49%20chevy/IMG_3048_zpsd811667e.jpgI think I have pics now but not sure. Bought a 49 6400 former fire truck with new flat bed dump. I have been working on it and just got doors hand painted. Previous owner told me it was a 216 but GEA block suggests 235. Paint was old but came back very strong. some new interior parts, new stake body…a few chrome accents ie. mud flaps, chrome lug nut covers…etc. etc.etc. Ready to haul gravel and dirt and looking forward to the summer. Runs great….very tight…two speed…I think it is working but not sure….makes noise…lurches a bit when shifted but rpm and speed doesn't seem to change much. This truck is basically original with great maintenance and improvements 12 volt, electric wipers, ….no rust! I am just going to be a good steward. I hope the rabbit issue is not a problem. I have a hunting camp about 50 miles from my house where I will travel back and forth for various projects. Any opinion or insight is appreciated. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 | meant babbitted not "rabbit".
deluxe 5 window…love the lights on the roof… a couple of little dents. crazing, wear etc. but makes it that much nicer to actually use.
started out looking for a 3100 for a farm truck. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | OOOOoooo, dat is NICE.
Your one lucky man. Drive it with pride all day long. If you have any questions I am sure the guys over in the BIG BOLT Forum can help you with any questions like the two speed rear end.
I think it'll do just fine on the 50 mile trip. Just don't try to make the old gal run faster than it was meant to be....... and some of the older bigger trucks like yours did come with a 235 but I'm not the expert on those questions. Thanks for sharing. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | My opinion is that you have a very nice truck, looks good for many more miles of work. Leo | | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 17 | very very nice burb…great photo documents…love the color, wheels, 58 steering wheel…..beautiful ! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Very nice truck! Welcome to the Bolt! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,076 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,076 | I merged two threads here ... in case it looks duplicated somewhat. I did that ~ Peggy
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | |
| |