Not a 235, but my beloved '55 has the original 265. It got pulled for a knock (cracked piston skirt) and will br the engine that powers that truck for years to come. If the truck had come with a six, I would say the same thing. I'm rebuilding my own, as that is my skillset and my preference. Everyone has their own with both. If something more powerful than what your truck was available with makes you happy, then by all means, go for it. I know a guy with a Chrysler 440 in a '57 Lincoln. It's odd, but it makes him happy.
Years ago, when I was managing an auto parts store, a guy drove up in a Porsche 911 with an Olds 455 in it. The headers looked like spaghetti, wrapped around the steering column. (Yep, the engine was in the front.)
You never know what someone will do with a vehicle until you see it. Then you just shake your head.