All skills are acquired. Some are rented, pay some one else to do the work. Learned, do the work your self. No path is "free". You will spend time and money getting the work done by some one else. You will also spend time and money doing it your self. Just for me and myself,I do as much as I can. Get help when I need it and pay for the things I cannot do. That mix is ever changing. When I was younger, I could lift the head all by my self. Now? I get some help. But I have learned to hone the wheel cylinders. Could not do that when I had my first truck. I can change wheel bearings and seals. Couldn't do that when I was 20 either. I can measure the clearances in the crankshaft, pistons and rods. I had to trust the machine shop before. So what you can do is a moving target. Not an ideal. Have some fun. Learn a bit and be safe.