Yeah I don't know how you rebuilt one of these for $1600 either, when most people spend $2500-3000. Isn't 55 the year the V-8's came out anyway? So a crate engine would be nearly era correct. I am all about keeping them original(ish) at least era correct modifications. There have been a couple of concessions to the reality of today, and safety. Like 3:55 gears, and electric wipers. But mostly it is what you would have found in a vehicle in the 50's/60's. The simple fact is these trucks were never made to go fast, all the horsepower in the world wouldn't matter, you run out of RPM's first. Unless you replace the entire drive line. Not to mention the stock braking and suspension is marginal at best. Much over 70 MPH is pushing your luck. I remember my uncle had a 69 roadrunner that would go like 140 MPH, and had drum brakes. Sends shivers down my spine to even think about it now.