| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,531 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | I have a 56 and went through this as well. The 56 also had an inner wheel bearing where the inner race was where the old felt seal rode. I ended up replacing the inner bearings with bearings that did not have an extended inner race to take up the space I had a spacer made that had to be heated and pressed onto the spindle. The OD of the spacer was made to fit the ID of the seal we chose then I had the ID of the hub turned to match the OD of the chosen seal. I had tried like hell but could not find a seal that would fit without modification. In the end I killed two birds with one stone and ended up with better inner bearings the are not made of unobtainium.There are pictures showing the whole process on my photo bucket account if you can get the links to work I am having trouble sharing from my album's.There is also more on it in (working on the bulldog again). | | |
| |
| |