Dave - My mechanic did what you mentioned with the spark plugs first thing when I brought it in ... no change in the knock.

Looks like things will be ok now as the '52 engine bench tested just fine today ... a swap is in the future ..:)

I suspect we will take the existing engine apart just to diagnose but keep both the 49 and the existing engine for spares .. plus all the parts .. I do have an extra 4 speed tranny (good since that is what I have) and also the 52 came with a 3 speed tranny ... which I don't need ... in case you know someone who may wish to purchase?

Thanks all for your help ... If I do find out for sure - I will post it ...Jeanie


GAL who loves Stovebolts

1953 Chevy 3600
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket