Hey Jeanie -

I applaud your desire to keep your truck "original." Congrats on the new gas filter and air filter.

You will probably need to replace the gasket between the bowl and the body of your glass bowl fuel filter, especially if it is cork. When they dry out, they shrivel up like a corn flake and will never flatten out again.
> Dried out gaskets

Does your glass bowl gas filter look like either of these?
> Durex 986640

> Durex 986128

If so, I have a pdf pattern of the gasket for each that I can send to you. Heck, I'll even cut one and mail to you.

If your oil bath air cleaner is like mine, here is a post about the decal that I used on it ...
> My Quest: Decal for Oil Bath Air Cleaner

You might want to clean the engine and paint it before you install in your truck. Many 'Bolters say that dark gray engine paint from The Filling Station is a good match for the original color. Search for Stovebolt threads on what was painted, or call me.
> Filling Station engine paint - avail in can or aerosol.

By the way - since you have all of those 216's, maybe you could use them like Tommy Ivo used Buick nailheads!
> If one is good, then four is better

- Lonnie

Last edited by LonnieC; 06/29/2013 10:18 AM. Reason: added engine paint info

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all