Hi Darrell. I looked at your Photobucket and just want to say you've got some nice iron there fellow. Great old Cabovers. I really liked the fender spears on your 48' Chevy Torpedo bodied car. I called a Caddy parts outfit that advertises in HMN to try to buy some for Marianne, my 53' AD but they were adamant that they wouldn't fit the rear fenders of my truck. Frankly I don't think they understood what I wish to do.

Back to the Isuzu: It still looks very much like a tilt cab but certainly wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong if it isn't.
I agree w/ Crenwelge about the price of parts but they have been the best selling import COE for probably 20 years so there are a Bunch of them in wrecking yards. As for power I think they will cruise at about 63-65 MPH all day and sip fuel In my experience. I ran with one for over a hundred miles up the divide and down in Colorado Rockies one day and on cruise control he would fall behind on the grades and then catch up to me on the flats. I know I used more gas in the pickup than he did in the NPR with stake body. I'm sold on them and wouldn't hesitate to own one. But frankly the GM version with the V8 gas is a hotrod. I've driven both version on a race track (Portland, OR) and that V8 jobbie would haul your donkey! around the circuit a lot better than the diesel version. Good Luck whatever you do. Really nice stuff you have.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain