Hi hoozat; I think I really like the P30 frame. I just installed a rear-end on it. It's a Ford which I had told my self I would not have, but It was the shortest & newest one I could find & was getting antsy. But I think it may be just what I wanted now? It is a dully rear-end. Full floater with 3.54 gears. I can add disk brakes to this one. Draw back is that I will need Ford wheels when it comes time. For now I already had Chevy steel wheels, 16.5s which are junk, so I didn't mind cutting the centers to fit the ford. This has a wide gear housing, so not much axle tubing inside the frame rails for 4 link brackets. I also had to move the spring pads in to match the GM springs. I kept my main lief mounted up front & cut it off before the rear hanger for now. I need to decide were to mount my airbags & side to side bars & shocks. I will also need to C notch my frame go get it lower. This rear-end has a sway bar mounted to it, but I'm not sure what to do with it either? But the rear-end gears & the width is what I wanted. I just started reading ride-tech literature. There seem to be a few ways to go for rear suspension. I'm in no hurry to finish that setup yet. Now I would like to set my cab on & start designing a sub frame to tilt the cab . But I'm starting to think I may be jumping the gun & should get a motor in before I screw up & build a dang sub frame in the way of a motor. I will need to have a motor/trans in before I can finish the rear suspension anyways.
Darrell, W.L. 1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe 1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan
Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation. I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.
|