Just so you know how good this seal (Best Seal) material is, I installed one in a 455 Pontiac and didn't follow the direction 100%. I though a little packing would be better then the press fit. After the engine ran for 25 minutes on a test stand during a break in, I shut it off for a cool down and clean up of the area. I went back to the engine to start it and it was locked solid, even with a four foot bar on the front, it locked dead solid. The next day it was free, so I ran it again for a short time while checking things out. A heat gun showed the rear of the crank getting hot, thats when I figured out the mistake. Before installed the second seal, I read all the directions and followed them to a T. This time it worked as it should and hasn't leaked yet!
The Best Seal is really good material.
Joe