Unclebuck, there is a little room but I have not measured it. Probably about 8 inches. I think I mentioned I am not using the old emergency brake but will put a "pull up handle" that I got out of a dodge colt, beside the driver seat. I'll run a cable straight from the cross piece up the center of the panel and come through the floor. My old knee's and legs are not what they use to be so it'll be easier on me.
And, I'm hoping its enough room for my "little short wife" to get between the seats and get me a drink so I don't have to stop and open the back doors!!!
If you need to know precisely I'll measure them tonight. I've left them just "sitting" in the panel to get use to the look and see if I have them "exactly" where I want them...so maybe today I'll bolt them down.
...this may be of interest to some. I moved the seats around to where I like them and I can still put the "covers" in and out that fit on top of the seat riser. Its a good place to store something that you don't need often.
Edit: I'll try get a shot from the back side so you can see more....and to think about it there may not be but about 5 or 6 inches!
Last edited by Achipmunk; 11/08/2012 12:00 PM.