Just to keep this post about panels, I just put in the "pull up" e-brake handle and have run the wire up through the floor. I need about an hour and I'll be done with it. I'll post some pics later.
Now, about insurance. Larry, first ask and be sure they insure antique vehicles and then tell them you want an agreed upon value for insuring it. If you do not get agreed upon value then if it gets totaled you'll get just a few hundred dollars for it.....that being said they will not insure it unless you have it appraised. I have dealt with State Farm for over 40 years. In my town they had a guy approved by S.F. to do the appraising. Then take a pic of inside, outside, under hood ect for their files....then every 4 or 5 years take some more as an update and give them.
Long story short is I do pay a little more for my coverage but I drive my vehicles when, where and as much as I want to. Here in S.C. I put an antique tag on it and I don't have to pay county taxes, the tag is permanent and I don't pay the $25 a year road use fee. So I put that money toward my insurance which comes out to be about $275 per year. I'm happy. I tried to deal with a few of the antique insurers and finally gave up. Something about it being "modified" or mileage restriction so I just said to heck with it.
I did ask why my 52 panel is about 40 per year more than my 37 and was told its just the way it was listed in their book. Still, with the overall coverage, liability,collison/comp and the values for personal injury to me and others, depending on who is at fault, I feel I'm doing OK and I can look my agent of many years in the eye on most any given day.