I decided the A833 transmission is going to fit the 51 one way or another,so the stock shifter linkage needs modification to locate properly in an AD truck.The Saginaw in the truck now has a Hurst shifter I re did to clear the seat base. The A833 is a larger tranny but I was able to relocate the shift tower almost in the same location.I cut the bracket with a hand held band saw, and welded the pieces like this.... reworked stock mounting bracket .. Of course ,before finish welding, I had to tack all the pieces together and check for binding and proper movement.This operation pushed the shift tower foward about 3 inches ,next the rods had to be shortened. This factory shifter is a Hurst unit with hardened rods, had to use an angle grinder to score through the surface ,then finish with the saw, the grinder left a nice relief to fill in with weld.... semi finished product