First off the Stovebolt forums will be your best friend. Be patience and you'll find all the help you need right here.
In recent past I have read that the average restoration is 2200 hours. So yours will depend on how good or bad it is and how efficient you are at doing things. For me I never keep up with the hours and go at my own pace whether it be because of time or money.
Cost wise will depend also on just how good/bad things are. If you can get it running, and stopping as mentioned above you can spread the restoration out over years as you drive and enjoy it. For me I've spent over $18,000 on my panel but it was mostly a basket case when I got it. Since I didn't have big bucks to dish out at one time I choose to spread it out over 6 years.... and have the fun and feeling of accomplishment of what I did myself.
If you can get one running/stopping/driving early on then your ahead of the game. Just be sure to spend at least 15 minutes every day....EVERY day. (well, except for sunday so do 30 minutes on Saturday or Monday)
