Hey guys, I am extremely new to classic trucks and restorations in general. I have acquired a '54 Chevy 3100 5 window and have been doing some research. It seems that everything is either '46-53 or '55-59 skipping '54. I have resources to a proper garage and knowledge/patience/the desire to do this job right so you experts can relax

what parts year should I stay within? I am riding a motorcycle right now and starting a family so I want to get off my bike ASAP. I know this is a very vague question but ballpark how many hours and how much money will it take to get it rolling down the road. The engine is a 235 that isn't seized. I will be doing the work myself so my only cost will be parts. I think I am going to get it rolling for now to get off the bike and when I get a few more bucks, do it all proper, stripping it down to nothing and rebuilding from the ground up. Thanks for all your suggestions and support.