Joe H -
I adjusted my steering box a couple of years ago. I removed the play in the steering, the truck runs straight down the road and returns to straight when I make a turn. However, the steering wheel sits a quarter turn clockwise when driving straight. I believe that I read somewhere that this is caused by wear in the box when I took out the play in the steering.
Not sure I follow your post (quoted below) re: centering my steering wheel. Can it be done / should it be done on my truck?
Thanks,
If you steering arms or drag link is wrong or bent, and the steering wheel is not centered when driving, you won't get a good feel in the steering wheel because of the tight center adjustment. Find out why the wheel is not centered, don't just move the wheel on the shaft. I like to check this with the drag link unhooked. Rotate the steering wheel to the far right, then count turns to the far left. Go 1/2 the distance, and the steering wheel should be dead straight. Do it a few times and if not, this is the time to move it. Using the stops in the gear box are more accurate then the steering stops on the axle. You should also find the center tight spot when checking this way.