I like the way my slightly bigger cam I installed in my 250 runs, but I don't like the rough idle. Its not very noticeable to anyone but me, but I like it to idle dead smooth, not like its running on 5 cylinders. I may even go back to the stock replacement cam just for that reason. I believe the fuel mileage went down a bit as well.

When I was shopping for cams, I never could find the spec's for OEM cams. I found a few but nothing to write about. I bought a NOS 230 cam off ebay and I can tell you it is smaller then the 250, less lift and duration.

The 194 head does have smaller chambers and will raise the compression, but I have heard the exhaust ports are Siamese just like the intakes and they don't work as good with out a little port work.

Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to swap in a set of 307 Chevrolet flat top pistons, a stock replacement camshaft, a stock 230,250,or 292 head, a stock 292 exhaust manifold, and a stock 292 intake and carburetor. Flat top pistons will give about 9 to 1 compression. The heads are all the same. The 292 manifold has a 2.5" exhaust outlet, the 250 has a 2". And the 292 intake used a bigger Rochester one barrel carburetor.

Joe