Before I retired the 59 Burb, I did a lot of towing with it. I had a 1970 307 engine, SM-420, and a 3/4 ton GMC Dana type 60 with 3.78:1 Ford gears in it. It also had a Valley Tow-rite weight-equalizer hitch and an electric trailer brake control. It was marginal at best because I had the 1/2 ton drum brake front axle and the original non-power-assisted master cylinder. It was underpowered, under-braked, and overloaded most of the time. My signature line definitely applied to that situation. When I do it again with that rig, it's going to have a 3/4 ton power disc brake IFS, and a Cadillac 500/Turbo 400 powertrain. Same rear end, though!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!