thousand of miles with my 16 ski behind my bumper pull. But those long steel land yachts (the car type) back in the day had some serious steel in those bumpers.
but the young and dumb is when your 18 and you did not check someone else work.
And I hopped in and headed down the road.
I see this car on the opposite side heading to me on a down hill of a long 4 lane straight road. no median
He is shifting lanes all over and slowing and weaving. I am like what is this guy doing.
Then the boat passed me in the passing lane. AKA not attached and did a nascar draft pass move on me.
Luckily it went off the other side of the road after about 1/4 mile and into some really soft sand and dirt. almost like one of those truck emergency stops on a mountain side.
Pulled it back out and with the tow strap and hooked it back up correctly this time.
Tow chains, Lights, wheel jack not in the half down position.
The offending trailer hookup guy was my Dad. I asked all hooked up and ready his reply "YEP good to go" i have hooked up trailers with him as long as I can remember and soon as I could reach the pedals I was tasked with getting it done. Not sure what he was thinking that day.
My friends have asked me for 40+ years why i check the trailer every time even if I hooked it up that same day
LOL good habit to have.