| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
135
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#75186 03/21/2007 3:56 PM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I deliver parts "part time" for Advance. I am NOT a spokesman for them but I can tell you a lot of garages use the TruTorque and I have never seen a return in over a year. I personally have always prefered Bendix but I can't see where one is superior over the other. Whoever makes the housing probably uses the rubber cups/springs etc from the same place. I have noticed on some of the cups that no names or sizes are stamped into them while others still have. Its a marketing thing where the ones without any writing is cheaper but made with the same rubber. There are not many steel foundries around this country anymore and I suspect one or maybe two foundries make them all. I might add this thought....many times I open a package just to check it out and find that they have been packaged or boxed wrong. One brand in another brands packaging. So, unless you know EXACTLY where they come from its anyones guess. Buying them locally saves on shipping. Some of the vendors are "cheaper" but make the money back on shipping....even when JimCarter just charges exact shipping your cost goes up. With local guys you have a chance to look at it and also get it overnite in most cases. | | |
| |
| |