Thanks! From what I've been able to see, there is a TO bearing that is 1 7/8" long (high) and another that is 1 1/4" long (high). I have the plate that has many fingers (not flat but raised somewhat outside the PP collar) and not the three finger type. The TO bearing that is installed is the 1 7/8" bearing. The TO bearing shaft is riding well on the bearing but just not depressing the fingers enough to give me full release. Now, if the bearing should be a 1 1/4" unit, it seems like that would be counterproductive in that the ability of the TO shaft would be 5/8" less "tall" and I wouldn't get any depression at all on the fingers unless....by using the shorter TO bearing, I can adjust the clutch linkage in a way that would allow the bearing to get closer?? Right now, the clutch linkage is adjusted approximately in the middle of the clutch arm. I can adjust it either way approximately an inch or so. The assembly I got from Carter's installed beautifully and my machinist who rebuilt the engine balanced the PP and never said that there might be a problem. Still think it has something to do with the TO bearing but really don't want to pull everything out if there is another solution. Stuart may be right in the fact that the short bearing may be correct for the Chevy clutch and I've installed the wrong one.