Thanks Guys, the comments give me something more to think about, more further info is: the bypass oil filter was not on the truck as I needed the oil lines, the starter question: the old '58 has a foot pedal application starter the bendix engages first then the starter spins, no starter binding, I used a
couple of bolts in the harmonic balancer and a bf* bar to try to turn over both directions-no dice-
there isn't a ft crank bolt as is a press fit. camshaft should have oil as when I used drill to drive oil pump shaft the pathway for the oil is: pan,pump,main brgs,cam brgs,lifters,pushrods,rockers. and had oil at all rockers before distibutor install,valvecover and start. The conrod/piston pin siezing I didn't think of, also didn't try to remove fuelpump to see if pushrod/pump siezed. Hopefully will get the
1954 235 that is a runner advertised locally this weekend as a spare if my original suffered catastrophic failure. My main problem is stupidity
on storing outside undercover and waiting to long to try to turn it over--Machine shop went out of business--Wunder why? :mad:


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos