EUREKA!!!I FOUND THE PROBLEM????
Today I pulled the 235 out of the truck that was rebuilt a long time ago, but never ran, It ran 3 minutes with good oil pressure with gas being fed into the carb to prime fuel pump, engine slowed down
and stopped--LOCKED UP TIGHT! Pulled oilpan to find...#5 conrod bearing scored 3/4 way around with a Piece of Castiron burr embeded into the crank journal, Crank was Balanced and balanced grinding areas have burrs, I suspect a piece of cast iron went thru the oil pump into the oil gallery and stopped at #5 conrod shell. :mad:
As machine shop no longer in existance, I will try
to clean up crank burr, replace conrod shells, reinstall with crossed fingers and hope for the best.. otherwise it means a re/re of the crank for
further machining and cleaning....Any suggestions
would be appreciated. Dave ohwell


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos