Gas cans for sure, I had 15 gallons extra on my cross country trip and a couple times needed one or two to make it to the next stop, and that was over 10-12 MPG.
I thought that truck has Dayton wheels, and if so your lug/clamp nuts are smaller than 1-3/8", and not that difficult to deal with.
For sure take the tools necessary to deal with them, but I think a 1" drive socket set is completely unnecessary, and 3/4" would be nice but other than lug nuts probably unnecessary too.
I'd say at the most you'd be pulling wheels and drums off, and nothing all that big or difficult there.
Take a large 18" or better adjustable just because, a good hammer and a few punches and chisels can't hurt either.
Don't expect or try to be in a rush, just get in and drive and see what how it does. I predict mileage less than 10, for your sake I hope better than 5...
Grigg