Hello all, new here and a new owner of a 1952 GMC 454 Fire Truck. It is currently in IL and I will be moving it back to Oregon, quite a drive.
The truck runs great, has new brakes, upgraded rims and tires, only 2,000 miles on the 302 powering it.
My question is what would you experienced 'bolters recommend for making this drive.
Extra parts to bring? tools? Things to look out for or be aware of. Other resources I should be looking at?
I was considering trying to find a spare water pump to bring along.
Thanks for any help you can offer. I am sure I will have many more questions once I get the truck back here and can begin working on it.
Lebn Schuyler
Some additional details below
19,000 original miles
New fuel pump and fan belt
207 VO 5 speed Clark overdrive transmission, checked out & new fluid
Vacuum over hydraulic brakes completely gone thru last winter, new: lines, master cylinder , wheel cylinders, seals & hardware
2 spd Eaton rear works great, new seals & fluid & brg packed Ratio : 6.5 / 1 & 9.04 / 1
Custom built drive shaft & new midship bearing