I'll keep my eyes open for axles and send you links when I find them. Please remind me if you don't hear anything from me in a few weeks. They seem to pop up and I bet I can point you to one, but don't want to be a middle man in the deal.

Detroit's are reasonably common everywhere, last several good deals on 4-53T's I've seen were in CA. And I'm in CA at the moment and was playing with a 4-53 earlier in the week.. Saw two Detroit conversions at a show today also in CA.
Just look around and most anything you want will show up given some time.

Not suggesting you need one, but decide what you do want and look for it, you'll find whatever it is soon enough.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-