I still need to verify that ratio as I am not real sure about the numbers stamped into the end of the pinion shaft, pretty poor stampings.
From my searching the brownie overdrive ratio could be .74-.86 and with a Cummins and 5 speed out of a dodge the over drive there in 5th is .73:1. Assuming that the brownie is an overdrive of .86 (worst case) and the rear end is a 6.17 single speed. I can have as tall a top gear as, .73 x .86 x 6.17 = 3.87:1 and I think this combined with 8.25-20 tires at nearly 36" diameter wouldn't be too bad for the diesel. I would be at 2000 rpm at 55 mph and 2350rpm at 65mph. And if the brownie is taller in OD then it just gets better from there.
I will do my best to figure out the brownie ratios here soon. The more I look into what I have to work with here the better off my odds seem to get to where I want to go with regards to the cummins diesel part.
Thanx
Jaysin