Thanx for the Idea of where to find the rearend ratio, I'll try to get a few minutes to check it out today. I'll do some looking on the Old GMC website and see what I can find on the power steering but it isn't high on the list right now, brakes and figuring out if the gearing will work with the diesel is top of the list. Freq2002, I have read elsewhere that these old trucks steer pretty well without power steering, but I live in the California gold country and the ratio might be a bit slow for all the windy roads up here. It would probably be a great upper body work out, spinning that wheel back and forth. I've done several brake systems on cars that I have built and the ones with dual reservoir masters just inspire a bit more confidence in your safety. And with a diesel I will either need to run a vacuum pump for a vacuum booster or the PS pump for the hydroboost and if I do end up with power steering the hydroboost makes a bit more sense. I just need to get the bore ratios sorted out.

I'm sure I'll have more questions and I'll post my answers as I find them.

Thanx
Jaysin