I drove my old beast on paved & unpaved roads with the box loded up with 10K of dirt all day and the steering really didn't bother me at all. The ratio makes for a lot of turns lock to lock, but short of needing to be tightened up it was easy to drive. I haven't found that I need P/S unless dealing with really bad roads, and even then a simple bolt on dampner could fix that. Personal preference I suppose.

Even the single M/C with the hydrovac has worked fine for me, I replaced everything I could, rebuilt the rest, and installed all new lines. With the HydroVac pushing 7/8" slaves up front and dual 2" in back, even at max weight it stops quickly. Also between the HydroVac bypass and my rebuilt shaft brake, even if I lose vac pressure I can stop easily enough. A properly rebuilt and well maintained system works great, but the added safety of a dual circut system would be nice if you deal with a lot of hills (or idiot drivers with cranial-rectumitis).


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P