Yes, hub piloted. And I will be installing the larger studs to accomodate the big wheels. Very good information guys. I do learn alot each time I get feedback and I hope others with this issue are reading this as well.
It won't see heavy daily use. Original plan was to use it on my little acre property 200 miles from here where it would just sit most of the time. However, I have become attached to it so I now want to keep it here for occasional use (a load of stone for a friend) and drive it when I go up there. That's why I need to make it more freeway friendly, (take the strain off the driver and the motor.)
The motor has good compression. Installed an electronic distributor and rebuilt the quadrajet, new exhaust system, sound deadening material inside the cab. Driveline work has been done. With the addition of the 19.5 inch wheels, the noise is greatly reduced and the R's have been lowered considerably. I don't mind driving 50 to 55 MPH to keep the R's down. Using the calculator that Grigg referred me to that would mean RPM's in the 2500 range. Before the big tires, the R's were about 2800 and it was quite a bit louder. I have decided I don't want to change out the whole rear end. I will keep looking for a 4.11 member. Hope springs eternal.
It is a galluping camel. You can't sip an nice cup of coffee whilst driving this thing unless you want to take a chance on wearing it or running off the road if you know what I mean. So, steering and suspension are the next projects.
Some day you guys are going to rule the world!!!! Old trucks everywhere!!!!