'57, 3600, duallys: The gearing is likely 4.57 or some such and I'm finding that I'm not the only one who finds that too low for even normal driving. So, for all of us, here's what I've learned so far. Higher aftermarket gears are not available although there seems to be some awareness that there is a market for them. They have the molds for them, they just haven't made a run and no one knows if they will. Don at Patricks in Az says he is working on that. A local driveline shop had an oldie like mine in their yard and broke it open. It was a 4.11 and he said the rebuild parts are pricey. $1200 to rebuild it and maybe use those 4.11 gears if they are any good. He claims that only $400 of that is labor, the rest being expensive bearings and such. Cost/benefit seems low. Maybe he's overcharging, I don't know. I met a guy there with a driveshaft business who told me to see his buddy with a truck salvage yard. Salvage guy said that my 52 1/2 inch backing plate to backing plate is quite small and suggested I go look thru his inventory. I plan on going there tomorrow and with any luck I'll find a late model rear end with full float axles, modern brakes and a gear ratio that will allow freeway driving. Otherwise it's plan C. Don't know what that will be. Perhaps engineering to alter a wider rear end? Anythings possible if you have the $$$$$$$.