I too am leary of the "demonstrations" one see's on TV and elsewhere but I reject the idea that synthetics are vegtable oil. That stuff is squeezed out of soybeans, cotton seeds, rape seed, and god knows what else. Synthetics are the result of molecular trickery in the labratory and some great German chemists. I use it in damned near everything I own..all 84 cylinders and swear by it.

The first use of the synthetics I'm aware of was by the people who seemingly invented them or at least always get the credit for it; the Germans in WWII who ran the Wermacht on them for 3 years . Now that was a test I'll accept. They worked on the BMW built inverted 12 cylinder aircraft engines. Proof enough for me.

Last edited by 53moneypit; 02/06/2010 1:21 AM.

1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain