I'm not sure which demonstration is being referred to, but I still have the kit that my father used in the early 50's to sell lubricants for Continental Oil. Continental was one of the licensees of zinc which at that time was still under patent. If the kit wasn't enough to impress customers, I personally would crawl under the particular GMC pickup he was driving and drain all 8 quarts of oil into a wash tub. He would drive about 100 yards and return and I would pour the oil back in. There was no trickery involved. None of his competitors would dare try this. Zinc coated wear surfaces for 50 years until it was required to be phased out. I use synthetic in all my gasoline engines as well as my Mercedes Diesel. I do not use it in my Cummins 14 liter engines because I feel the 15W40 which I sell is more cost effective. They hold 48 quarts. These engines go over a million miles on 15W40. Why put in more expensive Oil. I'm not sure where the vegetable oil idea came from either.

Last edited by crenwelge; 02/04/2010 8:09 PM.