Well Jerry, on this one I gotta disagree with ya. Not so much the on the demonstration, but the boys building engines at the top swear by synthetic oil. I've read many articles (non advertisements) from Indy, Nascar etc engine builders who all claim that there is much less wear in the engines using synthetics. My nephew is still running the midgets and most of those guys say they see the same results. There is just to much legitimate testing reports that shows that the synthetics are superior.
If I weren't getting 100 miles to the quart I'd probably be using it too. In fact if I ever get around to pulling the short block down this winter (running out of time now) I’ll probably start using synthetic instead of the Rotella-T after it’s broke in and my oil consumption stabilizes.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 02/04/2010 5:53 PM.