Originally Posted by 62 mark
i sandblasted my whole truck(UGHH!) but i did it little by little, and i used the phosphoric acid on it...don't wash it off, the acid is water soluable, then you will have bare wet steel ripe for rust.my truck is under a carport and during some of our florida thunderstorms i found out that the windblown rain had some spotty surface rust coming back. now i hung plastic sheeting on the carport and treated the surface rust again with acid.good stuff. Before i sprayed the primer, i took some fine sandpaper and green scrubpads to get the powder residue from the ospho off.I know some guys will say that's alot of extra work, but i have limited resources and time to work on my truck...i just keep chippin away at 'er! thumbs_up

I'm doing mine in the carport too... I love working outdoors. I bought a couple plastic tarps and cover mine every evening when I finish up.

Your phosphoric acid experience is exactly like mine. I also give it a good light sanding and then washdown with prep cleaner before priming.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection