I have seen his photo album and refer to it many times. Yonight, I got the adapters reshaped to where I was happy with them. Then I installed on the intake and mocked the carbs up. I am going back and forth as to whether or not I will use the bakelite spavers under the adapters. I had them under the Rochesters and at first look, it appears that the linkage may line up better with them so that is a variable right now.
Back to the meat of the post. Tom Langdon told me that the Carter-Weber carbs are brand new and more likely to make a "matched set". He said the Holley-Webers are remanufactured and subject to reman specs and wear tolerances. He said that the odds were lower of finding a matched pair of them. I think he said about a one in four chance. At one point, I think he told me that if not for the reman/new thing, the H-W would actually be his choice. He strongly points out that niether carb is a Holley or Carter design. They are Weber designs that went down the other assembly lines. The Holleys come as mentioned with a water heated choke but an electric choke is a slight extra cost option. There is no question that both are an unbelievable bargain at the price Langdon's sells them for. The little Carters are a nice, heavy carb. I am impressed and have not even heard them run yet.