According to Tom the H/W cfm matches it up with the 216-235 as a single unit. Dual C/W's for the 235 and dual H/W's for a 261. I found no need to re-jet in any of the applications.

Basically the same design, with the exception of the water heated choke on the H/W. The secondary circuit is opened with an over-ride mechanical lever and both carbs have the asymmetrical top that uses a fat o-ring under the plate he furnishes, to get a good seal. In addition, his air cleaner kit has an offset bolt that allows you to bolt the air cleaner down to the carb.

Both the H/W and C/w's are sold outright...no core charges. As I mentioned before, the installation is straightforward....if I remember correctly, he includes a couple longer manifold studs and of course all the hardware to make the install. The linkage kit is assembled by following a picture he includes or you can go to my webshots as I have quite a bit of info on both installs.

One thing to note: When you assemble the carb to the adaptor, it appears that the adaptor and gasket bolt holes don't line up. THEY DO....you just have to finess them into place before snugging them down. If you try to draw them together by torquing down the bolts you will have a vacuum leak.....guaranteed! This applies to both the H/W and C/W's.

Both carbs work fine with the E10 fuel and I haven't had to touch the C/W's internally since I installed and synced them in. Like Tim, I've noted a decrease in mileage from 18 mpg down to 16 mpg with the E10 blended fuel. However, a read on my plugs shows a perfect burn and aside from having to richen my idle mixture to quell the popping and crackling during deceleration, the setup has been flawless. I might add that much of my driving is at 65-70 mph and with the aero package of a brick, I'm happy with that mileage figure.

I realize that the "look" is different, but many a former truck owner at the weekly shows, has commented that he wished a better designed carb was available when he was using it to make a living. Most just smile when you mention that there are no hard starts, hesitation, or fuel smells!!

Dave



Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"