I just got back from a 300 mile test-run with a 261 and a dual Carter-Weber set-up from Langdon. Langdon sells new C-W carbs (not rebuilt) at less than 1/2 the price of a rebuilt C-W carbs.

His C-W linkage is, I think, different from his Holley-Weber linkage. It is certainly different (and uses much better components) than the commonly available dual Rochester linkage (which works very nicely with dual one-barrel Rochesters). I strongly recommend getting Langdon's C-W linkage - he does not list this linkage on his website.

You can save a little getting the 2-barrel to 1-barrel adapters from Summitt Racing but Landon's price is not much more.

I do not yet have my timing and accelerator linkage just right but I'll get there. Using the 261, the pedal to bell-crank rod and the bell-crank to carb rod have to be adapted/fabricated.

My gas mileage was about 14 mpg for a 300 mile trip over rolling hills on a 2-lane state route (a village and a stop light every 10-15 miles). I had expected better mileage and hope it improves once I get things better tuned.

The engine starts within a second with these carbs - it's magical.

In earlier threads, I have posted information about hooking up the C-W 12v electric chokes on a 6v system, using a 12v oil-pressure switch as a relay.

The C-W 740 carburetor was used on 1600cc 1983 Ford Escorts. 1600cc is equivalent to about 98 cubic inches. I'm with you Denny, it would be nice to hear from someone (like Carbking) who knows about carburetors.