As my 52 had no original doors I have a few questions. I was putting in the regulators and door controls and notice some things that don't make sense...at least to me!!

1. From the inside, does BOTH door handles OPEN the door by pulling UP. If so, I must have the wrong door control on the left side and need to order one as its backwards to the right side which has a new one.

2. In 1952 was the door lock only on the right side as earlier models or was/could it be on both sides. I only have one lock and choose to put it on the drivers side. I can't see as where it makes any difference as it has nothing to do with the door latch itself just only in the "button".

3. This may pertain to the way the door opens with the door handle.... but is the door handle suppose to be in an "upright" position, or is the door handle in a downward position? Over the years I think I've seen them both ways but which one is correct.

4. This is a "random" question.
In the shop manual, the addition for 1952, it shows the door control arm at an angle and it is held in place with three screws. Where you screw it to the door it has a "triangular" shape head. There is an indention in the door that looks to me like it would make more sense to turn the "triangular" head upside down so that it fit snug in the indention, use two screws, and the control arm would be straight and in its indention......I realize if you turn it upside down it changes the way the door handle works, right? .... but is there a reason for this??
It looks to me that with the door control arm at an angle over the indention that it would rub the back of the doors cardboard door panel.

I'm thinking I need to order the left door control because mounted the way that its "suppose" to be the handle works backwards....thats what I think.

What say the experts??.........thanks


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile