The H/W 5200 is probably not enough carb for a 292. But it would probably be an improvment over a monojet. Many 292's have had remans put on, and they are often the wrong carb. Lots of 292's ended up with the smaller carb that came on the 230 and 250. I have one of the larger bore monojets that came on a 292 that i got by accident. Parts people usually do not know or care about the difference. when you order a new reman they just throw the nearest one in a box and hand it over. That's how lots of 292's ended up with the smaller carbs, and that is how I ended up with a larger one for my 250. Once you get the motor warm it works great except for that stinking dead spot just off an idle. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Before my father passed I ask him how to get rid of that monojet stumbling, and he said; "Throw the darn thing away, and buy a carburetor!"

Carb King has mentioned several carter singles that work good on 250 and 292 sixes, but I don't recall the details. However, I would think that if you're willing to spring for the manifold, a small 4 barrel is the way to go with a 292.

Just Ramblin'
Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!