Hi 61lorrie,nice to hear from you.(Nice truck by the way!)
Another International 'bolter from another continent. I think we just need Asia to complete the set! grin (Mind you I'm not sure if there's any Stovebolts in Antarctica!) headscratch

Not long after I got my '50, Mrs Jock and I were doing the weekly shop, as we approached the market I spotted a familiar shape. It was a '48 Chevy pick-up! (ANY Chevy is rare here,other than re-badged Daewoos) never mind another A.D.
I immediately realised it was an African model. My wife wondered how I new. It had the steering wheel in the right place wink and had the small white reflectors on the front wings.
It was being used as a promo vehicle for a schnapps company. (I wish I'd kept track of it) it was a real beauty! NO RUST! eek I wonder where it is now?

I'm sure there are other African 'bolters, maybe they'll chime in soon!

Jock thumbs_up



1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.