Originally Posted by jockbolter50
I hope the rust repair won't affect the 'patina' on your truck.... it looks great!

I wish my truck looked like it did before coming over from Ca.
Unfortunately the Importer drowned it in red oxide primer! cry

Mine's a California truck too; don't know its history, but in the glove box was a ticket from San Francisco Cow Palace dated 1968.

I've found a guy in Bishop's Castle, Shropshire who's into "rat-rods" and restores old Yank iron. Does everything from patching to full restorations. He's got a couple of nice Fords (are we allowed to say that on here? blush) in very used condition, though they're a bit of a street sleeper as one's got a very hot supercharged lump in it!

I'll post some "after" pics as soon as I get them.

BTW, I bought mine from a guy in Whitchurch, Shropshire; he trades as "Old Tin & Things", just opposite the truckstop on the A41. He imports a lot of 50's stuff, and he LOVES old 'Bolts! 01948 662290 ask for Ted or Jan. Nice bloke to deal with.


63 GMC Fleetside; overbuilt, over-thirsty and over here!