| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (KEVINSKI, ronsway, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, TrknGMC, TooMany2count),
157
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | They are supposed to be like a check valve. They allow air to come in to replace the fuel as you use it. But in case you lay the vehicle on it's side, gas is not supposed to run out. I don't think they came that way. I seem to remember a time when the original could be traded for a safe vented cap. I think all vented caps are now like a check valve by law. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Mr. Lang | 10/22/2008 3:03 AM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| crenwelge | 10/22/2008 3:22 AM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| 6tvette | 10/22/2008 4:23 AM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Czechman | 10/23/2008 12:34 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| tclederman | 10/23/2008 1:05 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Wrenchbender Ret. | 10/23/2008 8:55 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Czechman | 10/24/2008 12:03 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| DGERTH | 10/24/2008 2:12 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Mr. Lang | 10/24/2008 4:01 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| rustednuts | 10/24/2008 5:20 PM |
Re: Vented Gas Cap, am I crazy?
| Denny Graham | 10/24/2008 8:41 PM | |
| |
| |