So, I replaced my old dented gas cap, with a locking vented cap. I drove all of two miles to the gas station, where I jumped out of the cab, put in the key, only to have one of the latches come off the cap, into the tank. Dang newfangled gas cap. So, I bought a vented plain jane chrome cap. I drive to the gas station, fill the truck. Drive home, park in the sun. Truck heats up. Pressure builds in full gas tank, and starts to leak up out of the screws surrounding the tank sending unit. I figure I'm going to go for a drive, open the door. Decide to wait for a while, what with the gas coming out of the top, and running all over the cab floor. I open up the vented cap,and get the psfffft! sound of pressure. Now, I put the gas cap up to my mouth, you can suck air though the vent, but not blow out. Is this normal for a vented cap? Or did I get yet another dud? Seems to me that there should be an avenue for the inevitable pressure to escape.
Christopher