My cab looked in fair shape when I got my truck, but rust is like an iceburg. The damage you see is usually the small part and the majority of it is hidden until you start tearing things apart. eek I had some rust through in the eyebrow above the windshield and figured I would patch it and move on. I did the smaller rust repairs first. I replaced both rocker/step panels, both inner & one outer lower hinge pillars,& both cab corners. I should have taken on the largest repair first. If I knew what I had to do on the roof along with the other panel replacements I would have tried to find a better cab somewhere. I cut out the inner roof above the windshield (it was rusted through too) and found the entire front full of mice nests and lots of rust, all the way back over the doors. I got a good roof cut from JIMBO and decided the only way to fix this mess is replace the entire outer AND inner roof panels. I am posting the PHOTOS HERE as I progress on it. Looks like I have a lot of welding to do. I was saying today what a job this is and my 12 year old gransdon said " just think how nice its going to look when you get it done." He's right, and it keeps me going. smile


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)