Thanks for the comments on sandblasting & strip discs. I went the cheap route & bought a 40LB pressure blaster at HF this morning.It took me 2 hours to put the darn thing together, the directions stink and the threads on the fittings were terrible. :mad:I used about 100 yards of Teflon tape & hope it seals up OK. If it works anywhere near as good as I hope it will, it will be a good price to pay for what I need done. Going to take it to a friends body shop this weekend so I can use his industrial compressor. cool
got a little more done on the ROOF after getting the blaster. I think I FINALLY got the last mouse nest out from above the back glass between the inner & outer back panel. smile Thankfully no rust there either.
I have put off replacing the roof because it is a big job and I didn't know what I was going to find. The drivers side windshield post is rusted because it was stuffed full of mouse nest/crap, but I have a section of post I can splice in. Everything else is pretty much surface rust.


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)