Hey guys, I think we are finally getting to the core, and truth of this thing called sand blasting.
Denny, I use a 20 gal. tank from Tractor Supply. I change the nozzles fairly frequently but haven't had the other problems yet.
My chassis was corroded BAD. It took me 4 hours a day for 5 days to get it like I wanted it. That was last summer in 102 degree heat.
I just used my last sand while blasting the front cowl and THAT IS IT FOR SAND BLASTING. The chassis is done, around the windshield and the right side is almost finished but I came in the house and told my little short wife

that I was through. I then drove down to a momument place and they want $100 and hour to do the bottom of the body and the rest of the top.....THEN I drove accross the street to a place where I found out a car club member does media (PLASTIC)blasting for $50. SO, I am putting the body on the trailer this week and letting him finish it. The plastic won't cut the rust very well BUT it will get some of it and underneath is mostly wood which is well preserved from the salt on the roads back where it came from. He can "dust" it and it will be fine, I think. Since I have new floor pans and new cowling pieces there is not much left underneath since I took out the cross pieces bolted to the plywood.
I also have a gavity/siphon feed blaster that I purchased from Eastwood over 5 years ago that I have NOT ever used. I think what the guy can't get with the plastic I will finish it with the siphon feed. That should not take long. I think I just cannot keep my air dry enough and that is what clogs up the valve on the bottom of the pressurized tank I have. I tie the handle open on it and don't worrry about wearing out the little rubber shut off tip.
So, considering the cost of the pressurized tank ($225) and the cost of sand (and going to get it, I figure I would have been a long way ahead of the game to have just taken it somewhere and had them do it.....that way I could be alot farther along on the project. Besides, all the smaller stuff I can do in the blasting cabinet.
The club guy also said he would do my doors "at a discount" if I would bring them two at a time. They are in good shape.
I just wanted it done right, like Denny, and figure why not do it myself.....well, if I was 10 years younger it would be different. So, far me guys this is the last round up. I will have my blasting done elsewhere.....
FOR SALE: one practically new presurized blasting outfit!!:)